Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

876 two PPPoE sessions

HI,

would like to configure two PPPoE sessions on ADSL side of 876. Both of them must be connected at the same time.

I see that I would have to use two dialer-pools but I could not configure that on ATM interface. Is there any other workaround for it?

Thanks in advance.

Bostjan

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 876 two PPPoE sessions

Customers deploy ADSL they must support PPP-style authentication and authorization over a large installed base of legacy bridging customer premises equipment (CPE). PPPoE provides the ability to connect a network of hosts over a simple bridging access device to a remote access concentrator or aggregation concentrator. With this model, each host uses its own PPP stack. Therefore, it presents the user with a familiar user interface. PPPoE preserves the point-to-point session used by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in the current dialup model. PPPoE is the only protocol capable to run point-to-point over Ethernet without the requirement of an intermediate IP stack.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content