cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A few ubr7114E on one tv-cable

v-efimov
Level 1
Level 1

Can I assign a few ubr7114 to different frequency on one tv cable? The target is increase q-ty of CM on cable and scale up solution (as if, pay as needed).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

unicmd
Level 1
Level 1

yes, it could be possible. The next problem how you assign cm to the new cmts. 72xx CMTS can bundle but the 7114 cant. The solution is, i think, to have diffrent docsis files for the new cmts, where you spec. the freq. in the docsisfile.

But you will still have noise problem om the HFC, so if i was you i would start making more segments in the HFC network to use multi US.

Martin

Denmark

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

unicmd
Level 1
Level 1

yes, it could be possible. The next problem how you assign cm to the new cmts. 72xx CMTS can bundle but the 7114 cant. The solution is, i think, to have diffrent docsis files for the new cmts, where you spec. the freq. in the docsisfile.

But you will still have noise problem om the HFC, so if i was you i would start making more segments in the HFC network to use multi US.

Martin

Denmark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: