Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA Radius

boris.d.bates
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This is my first post and I am reaching out for assistance regarding a Cisco Catalyst 4510R+E.  I was successfully running two radius servers in my environment until I recently upgraded the iOS on my 4510R+E switch.  I am in need of any assistance of how to properly reconfigure the radius servers.  

I upgraded the iOS from cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.06.03.E.152-2.E3.bin to cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.08.04.E.152-4.E4.bin.  My problem is with accessing (SSH) the switch using radius authentication.  Prior to the upgrade, I had no problems authenticating with radius.  After the upgrade I found that I could no longer authenticate with my normal account.  The only way that I can SSH into the switch is by authenticating with my local emergency credentials.

The big thing that I noticed is that the radius configurations are different for the new iOS.  I have tried through trial and error to get it operational, but I have been unsuccessful.  Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Boris

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Boris

Can you post what was in the aaa config that worked with the earlier version of code and also post what the config was after the code upgrade?

When you attempt to authenticate using Radius are there any log messages generated? You might turn on debug for radius, test, and see what debug messages are generated.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

I am unable to add " radius-server host " after upgrading to cat4500es8-universalk9.SPA.03.08.04.E.152-4.E4.bin

Thanks,

M

Hello,

Might be a silly question, but have you verified that you have "aaa new-model" configured? Also, the command might be the following (instead of radius-server host)

radius server

address ipv4 <ip addr> acct-port <port #> auth-port <port#>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: