cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access server using 3725

michaelwolf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer trying to initiate an ISDN call from a Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Servers running the Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS). Here is their config

- Any ISDN channel

- Phone number: 0015555555555

- Idle time: 5 minutes

- Redial attempts: 12

- Redial interval: 10 seconds

- Multiple devices: Dial first available device (this limits the connection to a single ISDN channel)

- Authentication settings: Accept MS-CHAPv2, MS-CHAP or CHAP (we negotiate CHAP with you)

- Encryption settings: Optional encryption

- Type of remote server: PPP

- LCP extensions enabled

- Software compression enabled

- MultiLink negotiated for a single link connection

- IP address: 0.0.0.0

- Use IP header compression (VJ compression)

- CHAP username: username, password as agreed.

We have their username and CHAP password defined on our side.

I have added an ip route to assign them an ip address

ip route 1.2.x.4 255.255.255.255 192.x.152.84

They authenticate correctly but they fail when we try to assign them an ip. They have their ip setup as 0.0.0.0 or 1.2.3.4, either way they fail. We try to assign them 1.2.3.4

They are using a PRI to call and we are accepting the call on a PRI. I have setup several BRI to PRI calls, but I haven't setup any PRI to PRI calls.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies 3

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

not sure of the issue, may be you can refer to the following link on configuring ISDN PRI :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca71d.html

hope this helps.

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mike

I wonder about their configuring the IP address as 0.0.0.0 as you indicate in your posting. I would expect either that they should configure some address (such as 1.2.3.4) or should configure some address negotiation.

How does configuring a static route on your 3725 assign an address to them?

I also wonder about the configuration on the Windows box about optional encryption. Since you have not told us what is configured on the 3725 it is hard to know what RRAS should be. But I would suggest removing the optional encryption and seeing what happens.

Are they supposed to call you.? You call them? Either one intiate the call?

I might also try it removing the software compression.

Perhaps you could share with us what you have configured on the 3725 for their call?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I may have a fix for this problem. Our Unix admin did not add the static ip address in the Radius server. I am going to test this Monday, hopefully it will work. Thanks for the input.

Mike