cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing clean Cisco router over network

comtack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this might be a noob question, but is there any possible way to access a cisco router that has no startup configuration over network? I am looking for a way to automate multiple router configuration via some kind of script.. 

SSH is out of question right? It isn't configured out of the box, am I right?

Telnet is not very safe..

AUX is out of question completely..

If there is any way to solve my problem, please let me know, I'd be really grateful..

The only possible solution I can see now is configuring each box with pySerial (python script working directly over serial connection) and then trying to push configuration via SSH over network.. Not really what I want..

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a feature provided by Cisco called Smart Install and is designed to provide zero touch processing to get a config onto a new switch or router. You can check this link to see if your router is one of those identified as supporting this feature

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/smart_install/configuration/guide/smart_install/supported_devices.html#51890

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: