cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS v2.3 External Database Windows NT group fetch failure

rob.whitlock
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ACS v2.3 server running on a member server of an NT4 domain called RAS01 (OK I know we should upgrade...). At present a number groups from a number of NT4, Win2000 AD and one Win2003 (call it inter.rail.co.za) are configured on the server. When I now try to add groups from a new win2003 domain (call it inter.workshop.co.za (netbios name = WRKSHOP of which inter.rail.co.za is the forest root)) the group fetch fails so I cannot add groups from this domain to the ACS external Windows NT database. There is a two way trust between the NT4 RAS01 domain and inter.workshop.co.za and thus inter.workshop.co.za groups can be given access to RAS01 resources. In an attempt to enable ACS to "see" inter.workshop.co.za I also added lmhosts records of the form :

x.x.x.x PDCemulator #PRE #DOM:WRKSHOP

x.x.x.x "WRKSHOP \0x1b" #PRE

# 123456789012345*

Are these required and if so how important is the spacing - I have some tabs (but not between the "s). However they seem to make no difference.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Reply 1

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

When the group fetch fails are you getting any error messages from the ACS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: