cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL ATM VC stops receiving traffic. sh/no sh BVI repairs it (PacBell)

neharris
Level 1
Level 1

12.4.5b 1483 IRB to PacBell ADSL. after a period of time: 1hr - 3hr I will lose connectivity. a debug ATM shows that I stop receiving traffic on the VC (only shows (O) traffic. ARP table intact. carrier claims everyhting ok on their side. shut then no shut on the BVI corrects the problem. thoughts?

5 Replies 5

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

there could be various reasons for the loss of connectivity. Try and issue the following debug commands:

debug atm errors

debug atm events

debug atm packet

during the period when the connectivity problems occur. Have a look at the document below for extensive ADSL troubleshooting strategies:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080118d1c.html

Also, can you post the configuration of your router ?

Regards,

GNT

would love to have you look at it. I will start logging at the debug level to syslog and issue the debug atm, errors and events as requested however packets will fill things up and as I've said above during the event I will see on (I) packets and only (O) packets. I will keep a ping running as well.

show tech attached

here's the result of your debug request:

I receive this in the logs

2006-07-02 15:19:33,Local7.Debug,cisco827,403: Jul 2 15:19:32.578: ATM tbridge : Rcvd a pak on tbridge inputQ; trigger svcs on ATM0.35

config + show tech attached

neharris
Level 1
Level 1

RESOLVED:

final symptoms: every 60 minutes I would stop receiving traffic on the ATM VC. everything was up/active, ARP was intact. I would stop receiving cells and receive a "ATM tbridge : Rcvd a pak on tbridge inputQ; trigger svcs on ATM0.35" message. in order to pass 2 way traffic again I would have to shut/no shut the BVI.

RESOLUTION: PacBell admitted that I was on a overloaded concentrator and moved me to another. Once this was done the problem appears to have gone away. I'm not expert but I might guess that their side lost memory room for my ARP entry after 4 periods, and when I restarted the BVI it forced an entry back into the table. But I don't know for certain.

THIS WAS A CARRIER ISSUE UNRELATED TO CISCO IOS or USER CONFIG.

MATTER CLOSED Thanks for your attention.

regards,

->N

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: