Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Amount of tolerable latency for AnyConnect VPN ?

I am troubleshooting a user currently operating in Dubai that is connecting to Corporate in the US.    He is experiencing problems with reaching systems here at Corporate and at some of the offices that connect to Corporate via MPLS.  In doing some troubleshooting, I noticed that he is connecting via Wifi to his  home router in Dubia.  Strike 1 there as I have seen that be a problem in the past.  We will have him try again with a wired connection to his local router.  I have asked if he can try this via another connection -  have been told that isnt an option at this point.  Trying to press for him to find one to try. 

Of greater concern is the latency I am seeing when he tries to ping/traceroute anything, the delay coming back runs between 300 to almost 500ms.  In the past, I knew that anything approaching 200ms could be a problem.  Is that still the case ?  Any suggestions for any configuration changes on his end or mine (using a 5540 with a 200 Meg Metro Ethernet connection to the Internet) .

Thanks,

Ron

Views
Helpful
Replies