Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

As5300 Questions

Hello,

I’m new to the As5300 equipment and would like to figure out how to do these things.

How do verify the availability of pool IP addresses for a client?

How do you determine what modem the users was last connected to? ( I have a user that he says he keeps getting dropped and I’m trying to troubleshoot his connections.)

And last one, Is there a limit as to how many people can dial in using a T1 line? I have 3 As5300 with each one having (4) T1 connections. I don’t think we need this many and would like to get rid of some of the T1’s but I not for sure how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I have left out any pertinent info. If there are any websites or documentation that I could be pointed to I would be grateful.

1 REPLY

Re: As5300 Questions

-If you have an IP address pool defined on the router you can reference that against the number of users that are dialed in. With the pool below I can have 251 users dial in and get an IP address.

ip local pool IPPOOL 10.1.1.3 10.1.1.254

-To get the modem number, first find out the tty line number with a show users command, then correlate the tty number with the modem number with a show modem. For example, tty 1 would be modem 1/0, tty 2 => 1/1 and so on.

-Each T1 can support 24 dial-in calls so 3*96 would give you 288.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content