cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5350 as an XOT pad

Almartin
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure an AS5350xm to behave as an X25 (XOT) pad? I dont seem to be able to find any info...?

15 Replies 15

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have the device online ? Just type "pad" or "x3" to check if it is in the image you have.

Please rate post if it helps!

Just tried that and I get "incomplete command.... Sounds like bad news.

Depending on what you've typed it can be normal. Read the manual to learn how these commands are used.

I have set things up as follows. I can now make an outgoing XOT call using the PAD command and that is ok. I can dialin to the PRI and the call is answered my a modem ok. What I am trying to acheive is linking the 2 together. Eventually the NUA called will either depend on the number dialled or be entered as the result of a prompt....

That is perfectly possible. You use "autocommand ..." under line config. Using modem pools, you can make so that different called numbers go to different pools of lines that do different autocommands.

Thanks how can I link it to XOT that is where I seem to be losing it....

As I mentioned before, under line config, "autocommand pad XXXX"

Thanks very much. You are an ace..

No problem. Please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Things are progressing but I have reached another hurdle.

I have set things up using the autocommand and modemcap info under the line. Now I would like to vary these depending on the number dialled. I have searched for DNIS and there seems to be so many references to this. It is simple data, no voice. Is there a simple way to allocate these resources to a DNIS?

Try this ancient config example for modem pooling.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094898.shtml

If it doesn't work, some more recent document should also be available.

That looks promising, but it means tying lines up to specific roles. I would rather have all lines available to deal with modem or ISDN and the the criteria (autocommand, modem etc) dependant on the number called. Is it possible?

Hi,

If you're using different modemcap on a different set of lines, this means you're already pre-configuring and partitioning your modems to receive calls from terminals with different characteristics, so the rigidy is already there.

Beside that, check "virtual partitioning":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/dial/configuration/guide/dcmodmgt.html#wp13475

I am using modemcap at the moment but I am not sure that is what I will finally use.

That last doc was very interesting.... you are getting so near....

If you can imagine a group of 64 lines.

User 1 dials 1234 any modems answers at 2400 - makes a pad call to nua 2342123...

User 2 dials 2342 any modem answers at 9600 - makes a pad call to nua 2342567....

User 3 dials 3456 any line answers call as ISDN possibly V120 - makes a pad call to nua 2342789....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: