cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5800 Problems

ian
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a AS5800 with IOS 12.3(16). I have two channelized DS3s coming in for a dialup pool.

Every few hours, as little at two, to as much as 48 hours I loose the D channels on the T1s on the channelized trunks. I have done everything I can think up to recover them, even as far as rebooting the AS with no luck. Then all of the sudden they come up. I get the following debug message. but can find no reference to resolve this.

*Apr 20 19:01:20.868: %DSIP-6-NIP_SEND_BUF: DSIP send data failed, slot 65535 nip client id 8

*Apr 20 19:01:50.868: %DSIP-6-NIP_SEND_BUF: DSIP send data failed, slot 65535 nip client id 1

*Apr 20 19:01:50.868: %DSIP-3-IPC_PORT: IPC subsystem API error(timeout), register port, Environmental Traps:Slave12

-Process= "DSIP Daemon", ipl= 0, pid= 31

*rinse, repeat, etc*

I am running out of ideas on this and any help would be useful.

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

This is what i could get from error message decoder..

1. %DSIP-6-NIP_SEND_BUF: DSIP send data failed, slot [dec] nip client id [dec]

A failure occurred while a communication packet was being sent from the router to the feature board in the slot specified in the message. This situation might be a transient condition.

Recommended Action: No action is required.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

2. %DSIP-3-IPC_PORT: IPC subsystem API error([chars]), [chars], [chars]

The NIP has encountered a problem with the port specified in the error message. The exact problem can be decoded further by the IPC error message (first parameter), the action involved (second parameter), and the port name (third parameter).

Recommended Action: Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

Related documents- No specific documents apply to this error message.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: