cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 SSL VPN -- VPN sessions connecting to outside network

swb
Level 1
Level 1

When SSL VPN sessions are established, they can access the internal network (behind the ASA) without any problem. I had to create a NAT exception rule for this (as per Document ID 99756).

But I cannot get access to the outside network. Do I need a NAT rule or an access rule? ASDM logging doesn't show any access errors.

Split tunneling isn't an option as the purpose of this is to gain access to Internet-based resources from prohibited networks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (outside)

That should do it...

View solution in original post

Sorry for the delay, try...

webserver inside ip = x.x.x.x

webserver external ip = y.y.y.y

inside host subnet = z.z.z.z/24

static (inside,inside) y.y.y.y x.x.x.x netmask 255.255.255.255

global (inside) 1 interface

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

dongdongliu
Level 1
Level 1

hi Shawn

where can not you access outside?

what`s the about configuretion?

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (outside)

That should do it...

Perfect. I picked that up from another thread (that I think you even answered). IMHO Cisco should add this in as an optional step in the SSL VPN examples.

Do you know if its possible to access statically natted hosts from the inside via their external IPs?

Ie, host1 is statically natted, hosts2-10 are not and they resolve host1's http URLs by the external IP (name resolution is happening internal and not passing through the firewall), but they cannot hairpin through the firewall to connect via the external IP.

So if I understand correctly, a host on the inside tries to access yourdomain.com, which resolves to an external ip. This external ip is translated in your firewall to an internal ip. To get this to work, the setup would be something like this...

global (inside) 10 interface

nat (inside) 10 z.z.z.z 255.255.255.0

That should do the trick.

That worked like halfway.

It allowed me to access the inside host via its external address, but then I couldn't get to anything else and the log reported:

3 Feb 21 2008 19:42:27 305006 71.5.102.254 portmap translation creation failed for tcp src inside:192.168.1.44/1221 dst outside:71.5.102.254/1234

Could you post your config?

Sure. I added the output of "show tech support".

Sorry for the delay, try...

global (inside) 1 interface

You're a genius, that seems to work perfectly.

I swear I look at these NAT rules and they make sense and then I try to do something and I'm lost.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: