cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 VPN License Issue

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

From what I understand you can only run AnyConnect with IPSec if you're doing IKEv2, is this correct? Also, according to my license, I can

have up to 250 VPN peers, does that mean AnyConnect IPSec peers, or do I have to use the old Cisco VPN Client, unless I upgrade to a AnyConnect essential or premium license?                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are correct. IKEv2 is only support with AnyConnect client, and IPSec LAN-to-LAN.

When running AnyConnect IPSec, you would need to have either the AnyConnect Essential or AnyConnect Premium license.

The up to 250 VPN peers is for the legacy IPSec VPN Client and LAN-to-LAN IPSec tunnels.

And lastly, you can't use IPSec VPN Client with IKEv2, you can however continue to use IKEv1 with IPSec VPN Client, and yes you would have up to 250 VPN peers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are correct. IKEv2 is only support with AnyConnect client, and IPSec LAN-to-LAN.

When running AnyConnect IPSec, you would need to have either the AnyConnect Essential or AnyConnect Premium license.

The up to 250 VPN peers is for the legacy IPSec VPN Client and LAN-to-LAN IPSec tunnels.

And lastly, you can't use IPSec VPN Client with IKEv2, you can however continue to use IKEv1 with IPSec VPN Client, and yes you would have up to 250 VPN peers.