cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA SSL certficat after mayor upgrade (8.2 to 8.4)

alig.norbert
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

I'm planning an upgrade (8.2 to 8.4) on an ASA5510. There is an official SSL cert installed. Do the ASA keep it after the upgrade or do I have to renew it?

Thanks,

Norbert

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ASA will keep the certificate after the upgrade, there is no requirement to renew the certificate.

View solution in original post

If you do lose the certificate, you should be able to get it re-issued by your CA, but you will have to generate a new CSR on the ASA first.

Just in case, I would export the certificate off the ASA with the private key before the upgrade. The ASA can install certficates in PKS12 (.pfx) format, so you wouldn't need to get the cert re-issued if you did this. It's also a good idea to keep a backup for DR situations.

HTH

Paul

HTH Paul ****Please rate useful posts****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ASA will keep the certificate after the upgrade, there is no requirement to renew the certificate.

If you do lose the certificate, you should be able to get it re-issued by your CA, but you will have to generate a new CSR on the ASA first.

Just in case, I would export the certificate off the ASA with the private key before the upgrade. The ASA can install certficates in PKS12 (.pfx) format, so you wouldn't need to get the cert re-issued if you did this. It's also a good idea to keep a backup for DR situations.

HTH

Paul

HTH Paul ****Please rate useful posts****