Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASSERTION FAILED: in AS 5300

i am getting the following error in my AS5300 access server

ASSERTION FAILED: file "../as/if_as_pm7366.c", line 129

ASSERTION FAILED: file "../as/if_as_pm7366.c", line 149

running ver is c5300-i-mz.123-26.bin

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: ASSERTION FAILED: in AS 5300

ARVINDER

ASSERTION FAILED is a symptom of a software problem. As a short term action I wonder if a reload of the AS5300 would stop the error messages. Probably a longer term action would be to upgrade to a newer version of code.

If the router is under a maintenance contract it would be appropriate to open a case with Cisco TAC about this.

HTH

Rick

Re: ASSERTION FAILED: in AS 5300

Hi ARVINDER,

I have no idea about this error. But while going through few documents I stepped on to this bug -

CSCdm55659

The CT1 PRI on the double-density version of a Cisco AS5300 series access server might not operate properly when it is configured with a channel group and Frame Relay encapsulation on the serial port. The following error message might result when you configure the channel group:

23:31:18: ASSERTION FAILED: file "../as/if_as_pm7366.c", line 1291 23:31:18: ASSERTION FAILED: file "../as/if_as_pm7366.c", line 1491

There is no workaround.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/release/notes/120tcavs.html - Resolved Caveats-Cisco IOS Release 12.0(7)T

I know you are running 12.3 IOS release. But though this might give you some clue.

-> Sushil

Views
Helpful
Replies