Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AUX ASYNC CONNECTIVITY FOR ACCESSING OFFICE NETWORK

I want to configure router auxiliary port with modem for accessing the Office network resources from home using PSTN line.

I have configured the auxiliary port 0 with following configuration

line aux 0

exec-timeout 0 0

modem InOut

modem autoconfigure discovery

transport preferred none

transport input all

transport output all

autoselect during-login

autohangup

stopbits 1

speed 115200

flowcontrol hardware

The async port configuration is as follows:

interface Async65

ip unnumbered fastEthernet0/0

encapsulation ppp

async default routing

async mode interactive

peer default ip address 192.168.1.206

ppp authentication chap

end

I have configured username cisco with password cisco for ppp chap authentication.

When i dial from my laptop (windows xp professional)the connection is not established and it is stuck to the verifying usernam and password screen.

The same configurtion works if i access router exec prompt. Am i missing something. I don't see any logs when i do debug for ppp on router.

Is there any solution for achieving it ( accessing network shares and accessing files in the LAN connecting through auxiliary port).

The router i am using is 2621xm with 12.3(6c) image.

please help

regards

gaurav

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: AUX ASYNC CONNECTIVITY FOR ACCESSING OFFICE NETWORK

YES,

you should be able to setup IP connectivity via the AUX port and dial-in from the PSTN.

to verify your configuration:

please see the following link for more AUX Port dial-in connectivity configuration info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093c31.shtml

or for ppp multilink:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009455a.shtml

Re: AUX ASYNC CONNECTIVITY FOR ACCESSING OFFICE NETWORK

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the configuration done on the router is correct. I am not able to crack where the actual problem lies. whtehre it is the dialer configuration on the windows xp machine. Do i need to add any ppp script to connect to the router?

Please help

regards,

gaurav

Views
Helpful
Replies