Views
Helpful
Replies

bandwidth limitation

y-heidary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Would you please tell me how I could limit my 2960 interfaces to 128kbps?

Best regards.

Yasaman

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Switches are not apt for that. You should impose bandwidth limitations on the router.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I cant accept your answer, because in cisco2960 datasheet you can see that it is possible to limit bandwidth and the command is :

srr-queue bandwidth limit weight

this command limit bandwidth up to 10mbps

but my problem is :how to limit a port to 128kbps(less than 10mbps)?

Hi,

you should learn to be more respectful to answers like mine above, that are 100% factual and correct.

You have even found yourself the reason why a 2960 switch is not apt to limit bandwidth, still you are unable to accept this simple facts ?

Please come back when you've a more collaborative attitude in a professional forum like this, good look in the meanwhile.

I am sorry if i didnt polite to you. i am full respectful to person like you as a teacher.

but the english is not my first language, so may be i cant write as plolie as a nation.

i am so sorry about that.

best regards.

yasaman

Hi,

I would suggest the post to be open unless someone comes out with the resolution or workaround for setting a bw on the port for 128 k.

srr-queue may work but not to the expected need there is a limitation for all.

This question was posted in LAN, Switching and Routing and was answered plz do not post the question in all the subtitles.

Regrads,

Pravin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: