Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k
New Member

bandwidth problem

dear sir,

i am getting 256kbps dedicated leased line what should be the upload and download speed.

2 REPLIES

Re: bandwidth problem

The line rate is 32 KBytes per second. If you add compression, you might improve on that, depending on the nature of your data. Practically, you are unlikely to achieve greater than 90% of the maximum line rate.

However, don't forget that there are a lot of other factors invoolved that could slow you down, such as server performance, TCP window size vs. end-to-end delay, etc. etc. The overall performance is not entirely determined by the line rate.

Generally we assume that the available bandwidth is 75% of the line rate, the remaining 25% being the allowance for overheads, routing protocols etc.

If you are having a specific problem with the line, then post a show int from both ends of the line, and we shall see if we can work out what is going on.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

New Member

Re: bandwidth problem

Check the package offered by your ISP. If they are offering 256kbps dedicated, its always advisable to check with them whether its symmetric or asymmetric. Some ISPs offer more download speed as compared to the upload due to the fact that the download traffic is generally more than the upload traffic (it depends on the user setup too).

Is this a leased line to the internet?

208
Views
0
Helpful
2
Replies
CreatePlease to create content