cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Bandwidth value not being applied via RADIUS

Hi,

I have recently moved some of our DSL services onto a Cisco 7204 G1 running 12.2-33SRE7 advancedipservices.  To to this move the service were terminating on the same type of router, but using a different IOS stream - 12.4(24)T7 advancedipservices.

Since the move we are no longer able to apply this "lcp:interface-config=bandwidth 2000" via RADIUS (we use it for routing calculations)

By running "debug radius authentication" I can see the attribute hitting the 7204, but it's not being applied - instead a value of 1000000 is being applied.

As far as I can see the configs on both routers is the same, and I'm starting to think it's a bug, but, I wanted to get some other opinions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan.

2 REPLIES

I've done some further testing and while DSL services delivered by L2TP are not having the bandwidth values applied, any PPTP sessions (using the same username, virtual-template and radius server) are having the bandwidth values applied.

The radius debug from both the L2TP and PPTP look similar with the obvious exceptions.

I managed to fix my issue - this might be helpful to someone down the track.

In the vpdn group I added the following line

l2tp ignore tx-speed

I then had to kill the associated tunnels - then when the sessions came back online the bandwidth value was set via radius.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content