cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Cannot console into a 3005 VPN Concentrator

Hi all,

I recently acquired a 3005 that was supposed to be working.  And in all fairness, it seems to be.  The status light is yellow while it boots and a few seconds after turning it on, it goes to solid green.

I have tried everything I can to console into this unit.  I used TeraTerm with a USB to serial adapter and a straight through serial cable with the settings suggested in the manual and I get nothing.  Is there something I could be doing wrong?  Is there any other way I could try to test this unit?  Is there anything else you guys can think of to try?

Any help is much appreciated.  This has frustrated me to no end.  I have tried mutliple computers, multiple cables, multiple com ports.  I'm fairly positive I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. 

Here are my terminal session settings:

BR:     9600

Data:   8 Bit

Parity: None

Stop:   1 Bit

Flow Control:  Hardware

This is per the manual.

Thanks,

Brandon

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

Finally got it!  Ended up just making a straight through cable.  The cables that I thought were straight through were not.  Made one with two RJ45 to DB9 adapters pinned out to standard serial on each end of a cat 5. 

Brandon

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Brandon

Thanks for posting back to the forum and telling us that you found a solution to the problem. And thanks for reminding us that sometimes it is good to go back to basics - is that cable really straight through?

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content