Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 4500, scp, rcp

Does anybody know is it possible to set up a remote access to the Catalyst 4500 series switch thru the rcp or scp protocol? I want to start commands on the remote unix server. Like unix# scp -i identity -B acl.file user@catalyst:system:running-config or unix# rcp acl.file user@catalyst:system:running-config, where acl.file is the file with access-list. It's important to start commands on the remote server, not on the switch. Thanks for any advice.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Catalyst 4500, scp, rcp

Hello,

I just tried this on a Cat 4500 using tftp, and successfully changed its hostname, and added a new ACL.

The same should be true for rcp and scp.

Just remember to put "end" as the last line of the file, otherwise you will get a %PARSER-4-BADCFG: Unexpected end of configuration file message (but it still works).

This was tried on Version 12.2(25)EWA4.

Hope this helped,

Michael.

Re: Catalyst 4500, scp, rcp

Thank you very much for your answer. I have found the Cat 4506 for experiments. And SCP works! It's possible to change switch config running commands on the remote host using SCP.Today i will check rcp. I think it works also.

What about "end" in the config - yes, this line is required.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content