cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

chat-script won't dial the modem!

abatson
Level 1
Level 1

My chat-script doesn't seem to want to dial my modem, as if its not issuing a <CR> at the end of the string.

I've got the 3825 router, with a modem on AUX0 to accept an incoming call, then initiate dial-back. I know the router can send commands to the modem, becuase first, the "offhook" script is called, and the scripts receives and "OK" response, and is happy. Next, 'callback' is called. The following string is set as the callback:

ABORT ERROR ABORT BUSY "" ATDT /T " TIMEOUT 30 CONNECT

The output on the debug is Sending string "ATDT /T <7639>", then it proceeds to wait 30 seconds to see "CONNECT" come over the DTE. However, the modem goes off-hook, and I hear dial-tone, but never hear any DTMF tones. I tried specifying the '\r' string, to send a carriage return, but only get odd words like "Expecting \017" when I stick that in the chat-script, when viewing the debug.

I've got a 3825 router with a USRobotics Courier 33.6 on the AUX0 port. I'm configured as per all the witepapers on the subject.

Lastly, I can dial in via Hyperterm, and get an EXEC-level login prompt. ALSO, I can dial in PPP, and I can authenticate just fine & get an IP assigned. It's ONLY the dial-back that doesn't work, despite my best efforts. Help!

-Alex

1 Reply 1

serge
Level 1
Level 1

Try to change from /T to \T ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: