Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1700 and Linksys router

I mapped 2 ports on the Linksys router to the main computer on the LAN side. The Cisco 1700 is between the Linksys and the T1 line. I am getting to the main computer, but I can not get the data base on the computer via internet. Do I need to map the Cisco 1700??

3 REPLIES

Re: Cisco 1700 and Linksys router

Hi

I feel you are talking about NATting over here on your linksys router.

You need to have reachability from the outside world to the linksys router and also the mapped ip of the computer so that you can access the computer from the outside world.

can you revert with which ip you have mapped the computer on the linksys router ?

also the ip addressing scheme being used there in your router both cisco 1700 as well as your linksys router ..

do post out a schematic online diagram showing off your connectivity out there at present..

regds

Yes, I need to get to a computer on the LAN side of the router VIA internet from another Location.

From the T1 it is connected to Cisco 1700 then to a netgear swicthing hub, then to the Linksys router.

There are about seven static IP address and I was given 1 of them.

static nat?

So this would be something like giving access to a server inside your network using nat?

Could you try configuring Static Translation of Inside Source Addresses

"

Configure static translation of inside source addresses when you want to allow one-to-one mapping between your inside local address and an inside global address. Static translation is useful when a host on the inside must be accessible by a fixed address from the outside. "

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hiad_c/ch20/ntbaddrs.htm#wp1073339

This will of course restric this IP to single host. If this is not an option let us know.

HTH,

if it does help, please remember to rate this post.

vlad

Views
Helpful
Replies