Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 Router with 3 ADSL card and load balancing

atuldalvi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have few queries:

1. Does Cisco 2811 Router support 3 ADSL card?

2. We are the ISP. I want to do load balancing with 3 dsl

line on Cisco 2811 Router.

Please send me the linke for this configuration.

Thanks/Regards

Atul

8 Replies 8

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

In 2811 you have 4 HWIC and 1 NME you can install 1-port ADSL WAN Interface Cardon the HWIC slots.

Also just enable 3 default (equal cost) routes towards the interfaces which will take care of the load balancing.

if you need more info and inputs do post out with ur requirements along with network topology in place at present..

regds

regarding the 2811 i have problem too.

i bought 2 1-port hwics adsl and when i installed them on the router and i cant see them when i logon to the router...my ios is IP BASE. do i need something more advanced or is there something im missing?

thankssss

Hi

If you are going to have simple load balancing configured on your router you dont need to have any other advanced feature sets in your ios.

regds

Hi,

Although IP BASE is ok you do need at least version 12.4(4)T for HWIC-1ADSL support.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd80394b7e.html

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks in advance

Great

ill look for it

you mentioned above version 12.4(4)T

is (T) so important for adsl?

because i have c2800nm-ipbasek9-mz.124-8

and seems not supporting the hwics

Hi

You can refer the below tool (software advisor) to find out the exact ios code required to support the HWIC also which comes with required feature.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

regds

Finally i got the 2811 up and running with 2 dsl load balancing.... i was wondering if i want to forward port 5900 to an internal ip like 192.168.1.1, because the router now got 2 real dynamic ips on atms