Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 857 & 877 differences?

I am looking to replace a Cisco 837 ADSL router for one of the newer 850 or 870 series ADSL routers and can't find a definitive list of features between the 2 platforms. Can some one point me to a URL that compares the features between the two or maybe just list what the 877 has over the 857?

Thanks

Andy

5 Replies 5

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrew,

See if this URL for Model Comparison helps you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/prod_models_comparison.html

It also has product sheet for each 800 series router.

HTH

Ankur

Thanks for that Ankur.

After a bit more searching (I haven't quite got the hang of the new format website...) I did find that comparison page.

I have come to the conclusion that both the 857 and the 877 are very similar products (with some memory upgrade limitations with the 850 series). However the 850 series only has Advanced Security IOS available whilst the 870 has Advanced Security and Advanced IP Services. Adv. IP Services seems to have OSPF but Advanced Security doesn't. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Andy

Hi,

the 857 ins equivalent to the SOHO97. And the 877 to the 837.

877 supports LLQ, CBWFQ, Ipsec QoS, PQ, LFI , 4 Vlans (Adv. IP Services IOS), NAC , Url-filtering.

The 857 doesn?t support this features.

Regards,

Thomas

Hi Andrew,

Advance security does not support OSPF & BGP routing protocols. You need to have an Advanced Ip services image for supporting them.

Use feature navigator to compare IOS feature sets

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

HTH

Narayan

Thanks for the replies. It's all clear now. I think the comparison between the Soho 9x and 83x summed it up. It would have been nice if Cisco would have made this comparison in the product descriptions.

I have ordered the 877 since this gives me the most flexibility.

Thanks

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: