Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 857 PCAnywhere NAT Firewall config?

Hi,

I have my first Cisco Router with ADSL having only used netgear before. I want to be able to configure it so that any PCAnywhere requests to my static IP address on the internet are forwarded to 1 PC on the internal network.

I've looked through the posts here and have configured the target PC with a DHCP mapping so that it is always assigned the same IP address.

From the other posts I understand I need to configure ports 5631 (TCP) and 5632 (UDP) through the firewall and I then guess I need to configure NAT so that it is forwarded to the correct PC.

Any I right so far?

Looking at the NAT config it asks for the outside address - would this be the static IP address on the internet provided by the ISP?

If so could anyone give me any pointers on how to do this, for you info I am using SDM rather and CLI.

Any help is very much appreciated - thank you in advance.

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Cisco 857 PCAnywhere NAT Firewall config?

the outside address would be the 'public' or ISP supplied address.

you've got the correct pcAnywhere ports, now all you have to do is to create a 'static NAT' for your system you wish to pcAnywhere too, or you can use port redirection with a single NAT.

you should create an access list that defines the system you wish to pcAnywhere too as well as the port numbers used for pcAnywhere. (shown in the link below)

please see the following link for NAT configuration of the 857 for ADSL use:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008045d276.html#wp1165866

Views
Helpful
Replies