Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 878 GSHDSL line rate

I have had a problem recently with an 878 using SDSL.

I recently lost connection to the device after a thunderstorm and assumed either a tail problem or a blown modem.

After several tests by BT the line passed as clear and after changing the 878, there was still no connection.

Reviewing my RANCID configs for the past 6 months shows that the config on the Controller DSL 0 changed over time. I originally set the line rate to auto, which was lated changed to hard code 2304k. This I have no problem with....unfortunately thats not the end of it.

The latest config (which was applied to the new router) shows the line rate at 1152k. When I double checked that yesterday, it had changed to 576k. Now, there has been no outside intervention, only I have access. The logs show nothing to prove that anything changed.

I have fixed the issue by resetting the line rate to auto, but what I need to know or understand is how has this changed without my intervention. This is not a negotiated rate as far as I was aware.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco 878 GSHDSL line rate

Hi,

check "show startup-config". If it is changed in there, that is very strange.

If changed only in "running configuration, still doesn't look normal, but there can be some software cause.

Re: Cisco 878 GSHDSL line rate

The only thing that I can think of is a software glitch. I cannot compare the startup config but considering the original router was rebooted several times and the line rate came back as 1152, I must assume that the startup had been altered as well.

I obviously need to find a cause for this for 2 reasons.

1/ I need to write a report on this

2/ To stop me from going mad

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies