cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client on OS X Yosemite - VPN not working if the Mac is connected via Iphone HotSpot

razvan1979
Level 1
Level 1

I have encounter a starange situation with Yosemite and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (all recent versions including latest 3.1.05187).

If the mac is using the internet connection of the iPhone (via Bluetooth or WiFi), when I connect with the client everything stops working, from the Internet to the traffic over the tunnel, we are using Split Tunnel with Split DNS for our internal addresses. Somehow the DNS is not working anymore.

I can ping via IP but not by name, also cannot ping any address from internet unless I add again manually the default route.

Anybody encounter this problem?   

49 Replies 49

Once you have created the file with your own domain and DNS setting, do you need to do anything? like reload it.

The file is being created, but it still won't work. Cheers for you help though. 

No, it was working after I edited / created the file. You can test it with 

dig -t mx google.com @1.1.1.1

use your internal dns server instead of 1.1.1.1.

We have disabled IPv6  on the WiFi "sudo networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi", and after connecting to AnyConnect traffic stops. So this not a viable solution.

I also tried disabling IPv6, and it doesn't help.

When disabling IPv6 with "networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi" with IOS 8.2 and OSX 10.10.2, DNS seems to work globally (using iPhone DNS resolution) but not with Anyconnect-provided internal DNS server. However, name resolution is still broken for all (internal/external) names.

Tried this too, still not working. It still trashed the resolv.conf file

georgeocrawford
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same issue. Any updates yet?

razvan1979
Level 1
Level 1

Same story with Anyconnect 4.0

Kieninger1
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with AnyConnect 4 and OSx 10.10.1.

Is there a solution already?

simon.anthony
Level 1
Level 1

Not fixed in 3.1.06073 either...

Still not sorted for us. Nothing from apple yet

karenkosoy
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering if anyone has heard of an update about this issue.  I am still experiencing it.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

No update, still with the same issues here too!

blake
Level 1
Level 1

Have this problem as well and depending on workstation network configuration it either fails to connect (due to ipv6 forwarding table re-writes failing according to the debug log) or connects with the issues mentioned in this thread, no DNS, empty resolv.conf. 

Would love to see a resolution to this, but suspect it'll come from the Apple side given that everything was "fine" in Mavericks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: