cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client connetion Problem(need Help)

Sergent_02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I configured an easy vpn on a 2811 router and when i use my loptop connected to the internet(through DSL) anywhere, i'm able to connect to my VPN with my vpn client.

But my customers use Windows Vista and when the try to connect through a wireles device (APPLE AIRPORT EXTREME WIRELESS BASE STATION) they cannot.

We have error 412 saying Secure VPN connection terminated locally by the Client, the remote peer is no longer responding.

I troubleshooted it with my laptop using windows XP i'm having the same problem.

The funny thing is that when i connect my laptop directly to the DSL modem, the VPN connection goes through and when i connect to the Apple wireless device, it gives the same error, meanwhile i can access the internet and also ping my public Ip which is on my 2811 router.

Pls anyone can help me sort out this problem.

Thx in advance and hope to hear from u all.

Sergent_02

1 Reply 1

Darthkim_2
Level 1
Level 1

Usually, issues such as these (client connects using a router) points the problem to the router.

It seems, the apple airports, in particular, have issues with passing VPN traffic through.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/11/1754218

To be honest, this is why we don't support apple routers. My experience has shown the least issues with Linksys.