cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client V5.0.00.0340 odd termination error...

rickcorriveau
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I have been round and round about this and have finally gotten to the end of my rope..

I terminate a VPN with no problems with my dialup account (yes, we sometimes use dialup for testing VPNs). I can ping the remote devices in the network when I terminate to this vpn using the dialup. Now when I disconnect and try to do the same thing on my cable modem connection, I can once again terminate the VPN without any problems but I now can no longer ping any of the remote devices.

The only thing I see is the default gateway the dial up account gives me is the same as the IP address. When I terminate the VPN this default gateway remains. If I connect with the cable modem the default gateway gets removed. Now I have done this on the cable modem with a static IP as well as DHCP and both ways the default gateway gets striped. This is the only possibility I can think of but again I have no idea what is causing this or how to get this to work properly.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated !!

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Consider these options for the termination for the VPN Client. If the VPN Client is located behind a device that performs Network Address Translation (NAT)/Port Address Translation (PAT), make sure that the translation does not timeout for the VPN Client.

Make sure the IKE keepalives are enabled. In some situations, it is necessary to disable this feature in order to solve the problem, for example, if the VPN Client is behind a Firewall that prevents DPD packets. In order to disable the IKE keepalives, complete these steps

Choose Configuration > User Management > Groups. Choose a VPN Client group that you work with, and click Modify. On the IPSec tab, uncheck the IKE Keepalives box. Check the timeout settings on the VPN Concentrator and on the VPN Client. The timeout settings are found on the General tabs of the base group, group, and user settings. Choose Configuration > User Management.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: