Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Clientless SSL Java /activeX issue

I have setup a ASA5510 to provide remote access using SSL Clientless VPN.  When connecting to the network using this process it all works fine.

The issue is the first time I connect using either IE8 or firefox 3.6 I have the option of using activeX or Java.  If I use Java I have a problem with RDP. When using RDP over Java if I select full screen the useable screen is only about 40% of the full screen whereas if I use activeX the useable area is 100% of the screen.  Once I've used Java I no longer have the option of using ActiveX as the system automatically selects Java over activeX.  I have only tested this on Windows XP and Windows 7.

Does anyone know how I can force or provide the option to select ActiveX from the PC or the ASA?

Cheers

Neil

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Clientless SSL Java /activeX issue

You will embed these parameters in the RDP bookmark that you configure.  For example, if I want to RDP to a server with a screensize of 1024x768, I can configure my bookmark to look like this.

rdp://10.10.10.10:3389/?geometry=1024x768

4 REPLIES

Make sure that you are using the latest RDP plug-in available.  For IE, Active X will be attempted first. If ActiveX execution fails, Java will be used instead.  Firefox only support Java so your options are more limited.  You can include config parameters in your bookmark such as geometry in order to change the screen size.  Additionally, there are some ActiveX specific parameters such as fullscreen that you can use.  The bookmark format is as follows:  rdp://server:port/?Parameter1=value&Parameter2=value&Parameter3=valu

• geometry - size of the client screen, WxH. To start the  applet in FullScreen mode use this parameter depending on your screen  size , for eg: 'geometry=1024x768'.
  • bpp
  • domain
  • username
  • password
  • console
  • ForceJava

ActiveX Only:

• RedirectDrives
  • RedirectPrinters
  • FullScreen
  • audio

Thanks for the reply Todd.  Where are these parameters?  I can't see anything like what you're describing in the bookmarks section or any other section.

Thanks

Neil

You will embed these parameters in the RDP bookmark that you configure.  For example, if I want to RDP to a server with a screensize of 1024x768, I can configure my bookmark to look like this.

rdp://10.10.10.10:3389/?geometry=1024x768

Thanks again Todd.  It doesn't resolve my issue but it's a very good workaround.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content