Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CMTS and vlans

Hello

I have a problem and I dont know exactly what to do. Problem is following.

I have cmts ubr10k and numbers of cable modems. I try to bind some of the cable modems to same vlan and

then others to another vlan. Like 10 same vlan and then 20 to another vlan.

10 cable modems to vlan 100

20 cable modems to vlan 200

etc

Now I would like to know how I can do that? I have noticed that I can?t do that in ubr10k. Always when I try to do that

I got following messages...

cable l2-vpn-service dot1q

cable dot1q-vc-map 0016.92f7.d078 GigabitEthernet3/1/0 720 testing

cmts(config)#cable dot1q-vc-map 0011.E344.0DD8 gigabitEthernet 3/1/0 720 testing

Ethernet interface/VLAN ID combination tied to 0016.92f7.d078 already

So far I have tried to get this work in docsis config but without success.

I know that there are lines up/downstream classification configuration settings(22/23) --> IEEE 802.1p/Q classifier(11) -->

IEEE 802.1Q VLAN ID(2).

Can anyone say how I can bind vlans to the group of cable modems?

What I have to add in ubr10k config and what kind of rows I have to add into docsis config?

Ilmo

3 REPLIES

Re: CMTS and vlans

Are your cable modems ranging up on the CMTS?

Hello

Yes cable modems are up and running very well. They are docsis 2.0 capable but I just want them to work together. I got this information other way round here is link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide09186a0080699424.html

and

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/cable/ps2217/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00804cc62f.html

I just would like to know that are there any other ways to put cable modems into same vlan/instance than to use mpls vpn. That is of course good way to do it but I want to know are there other ways to do that too?

cmts(config)#cable dot1q-vc-map 0011.E344.0DD8 gigabitEthernet 3/1/0 720 testing

Ethernet interface/VLAN ID combination tied to 0016.92f7.d078 already

The above command is old one. Cisco has introduced new command option where CMs are automatically mapped using information from DOCSIS config file.

#cable l2-vpn-service default-nsi Gi0/2

the mapping SHOULD BE done in DOCSIS config file. See CableLabs L2VPN specs to include specific parameters.

If you have any other questions related to this. let me know.

V K

Views
Helpful
Replies