Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Connection problem for user

I have a user that is dailing up to a As5300 server and he is saying that his connection is dropping every 22 minutes.

He is the only one that is having an issue. I haven't received any other calls and the As5300 is running fine.

My question is there anyway to capture how long this user is staying on the As5300 with out sitting there and watching his connection after he dials in? Are any trouble shooting commands that could tell me whether its on his end or mine?

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Connection problem for user

I configured Dial Access at a user site and we configured aaa accounting to send accounting records to the aaa server for dial access sessions. It works quite well and generates a record when the session starts and a record when the session ends. Therefore it is very easy to see when the session was and how long the user was on line.

That should make it easy to see how long the user session lasts. As far as troubleshooting commands are concerned it would be possible to run debug dialer which might give you some helpful information. Also debug ppp negotiation might be helpful to see what is terminating the session.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content