Views
Helpful
Replies

CSD & AnyConnect on Windows Vista

daniel-costa
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I'm having some trouble using CSD and AnyConnect on Windows Vista(!). This is what happens:

I've tried to install the AnyConnect software via browser(IE7) logged as the system Administrator, it tried to install it under ActiveX and Java and it didn't work. I've downloaded the file from the link it gave me and installed. Well, the browser won't start the service automatically but when I run the software by its installed executable it gives me the following message: "VPN Service Not Available".

On Windows XP it works flawlessly.

I've tried to runn the CSD on Vista and it worked, I've managed to log on and connect(system Administrator), it even installed the cache cleaner. But themn the AnyConnect failed to initialize with this message: "The VPN Client failed to launch". In the end, the CSD won't initialize nor show the login page.

This is my gear:

-ASA v8.0(3)

-CSD image: securedesktop-asa-3.2.1.103-k9.pkg

-AnyConnect 2.1

-Windows Vista Business v6.0.6000 32 bits. But there will be Ultimate and/or 64 bits in our site.

Does anyone knows a correct order of installation or software release versions to get it all to work?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

uninstall of the old client and install of the new one should proceed normally and then connect

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: