cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial up VPN?

shaun.white
Level 1
Level 1

i need to configure a dial up VPN...i have a 16 port modem network module in my router to terminate dialup connections....i want to have users dial into the router and have a VPN to the network....

i was thinking creating the dial up...once thats establishes having them launch the VPN client on their machine to connect to the inside interface of the router which will have the crypto bound to it....

Anyone know of a better way? or have any thoughts?

TIA

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Since they are going to directly connect onto your router through the network modem module i don't think you need to have vpn client installed in the client to have secure connectivity.

Once they get connected the router in turn will assign an ip address to the clients which you can make use for communicating with your local lan.

regds

Hello

Thanks for your post...while i do agree with you 100%....they want a VPN....basically they want remote VPN....but for telecommuters they want to provide dialup networking....and they want to do it all on the same router...

So would you agree with what i said in my first post?

Hi

If i read your reply properly you would like to have both dial in onto the modem module as well as remote access vpn usin vpn client.

If thats the case then you can configure both remote access vpn and normal dial in using the modem module.

In the second option you are going to connect the PSTN lines on the modem module its a Point to Point between your router and the remote user but established when theres is some requirement for the same.

regds

So is what i was thinking right?

Configure dialin as normal....then create a VPN as normal....have the users connect to the dial in modem...then once connected they can fire up the VPN client and connect to the VPN.....does that make sense???

Do you happen to have an example config?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: