Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing L2TP from Router

asad747
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends!

i have a query.. i have a strongvpn acount which i can dial easily from my PC using either PPPTP or L2TP/IPsec VPN dialer.... But my requirement is to dial it from a CPE Router i have got. (837/2811)

is there any possibility to do this???? can someone share sample configuration or document required to achieve this.

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello friends!

i have a query.. i have a strongvpn acount which i can dial easily from my PC using either PPPTP or L2TP/IPsec VPN dialer.... But my requirement is to dial it from a CPE Router i have got. (837/2811)

is there any possibility to do this???? can someone share sample configuration or document required to achieve this.

Hi,

Check out th e below link hope to help !!

http://au.billion.com/downloads/VPN-L2TP%20FAQ.pdf

Ganesh.H

Dear Ganesh

This document is for Dialing L2TP from Windows... I asked about dialing it from Cisco router.

anyways i think its not possible... even though Cisco claims to have introduced this feature in IOS 12.3 onwards.. but i never managed to make it work.

Asad747,

Were you successful in getting your Cisco router configured via L2TP to StrongVPN?  I have a 881W running 15.1 and would love to do just what you described above.  But, I wanted to find a Cisco user that was successful before I signed up for StrongVPN.com.

Please do share your experience.  Thanks!!

James E

Hello James,

Unfortunately i was not able to succeed in Dialing L2TP from Cisco Router, altough in newer IOS documentations this feature is claimed to be supported. but i never managed to get it worked.

In the end i had to buy a small linksys router supporting opensouce image DD-WRT which has both L2TP and PPPTP clients present in it.. and it worked beautifully with strong VPN.

Regards,

Asad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: