cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Dialing through AUX port of routers

HI,

I am attaching configuration of two routers as well as the "debug dialer" and "sh line aux 0" output. As you can see that in the debugging message it shows me that the routers are able to dial each other but after the call is established I am unable to ping the ip address of dialed router, for example from router R3 I am unable to ping 1.1.1.1 which is the ip address of 1841 router. Can anyone please help to solve this issue. Thanks.

8 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Dialing through AUX port of routers

Try to add the "peer deafult ip address 1.1.1.1" at 1841 & same command w/ 1.1.1.2 at R3.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093c76.shtml

If still not work, try to use dialer map ip command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093d2b.shtml

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Unfortunately its still not working even after configuring "peer default ip address" & "dialer map". Please advise.

Anonymous
N/A

Hi,

traffic on aux is process-switched in 12.4 ios

pls add "no ip route-cache cef" on async associated with aux0

eugene

Hi,

Thank for replying. But I'm sorry its still not helping. Anything else I can try? Thanks.

Silver

Can you ping the local address ?

No I can't even ping my local address

Silver

According to the links that I provided, did you try to use "async interactive" under async interface. Can you try to use unnumbered interface and test again ? I have no idea on the configuration why not works and not able to verify it. However, I found you may using internal no. for the test, do you ensure the modem works w/ your office line. Did you have any PSTN line to test ? Some office lines do not work w/ normal analog modem.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
N/A

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content