cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does a 6500 work as a LNS router?

massipace
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6506 platform and I would like to end L2TP sessions on this device, AAA authentication for dialin user and configure av-pair attributes. Has 6500 platform any way to accomplish the request? Is there any special card that can do this work? I read about a MWAN card but I'm not sure can be a solution for my problem.

Thanks

Massimiliano

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco Multiprocessor WAN Application Module (MWAM) is a Cisco IOS software application module that you can install into the Cisco 7600 Series Internet Routers. The MWAM allows you to run multiple instances of Cisco Ethernet Service Aggregation applications, such as L2TP Network Server (LNS) and Service Selection Gateway (SSG) application software.

The MWAM requires the following system configuration:

Cisco IOS Release 12.2(14)ZA3 Supervisor image installed on the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7600/relnotes/esa_rn.htm

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco Multiprocessor WAN Application Module (MWAM) is a Cisco IOS software application module that you can install into the Cisco 7600 Series Internet Routers. The MWAM allows you to run multiple instances of Cisco Ethernet Service Aggregation applications, such as L2TP Network Server (LNS) and Service Selection Gateway (SSG) application software.

The MWAM requires the following system configuration:

Cisco IOS Release 12.2(14)ZA3 Supervisor image installed on the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2.

For further information click this link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7600/relnotes/esa_rn.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: