Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Duplicate ISDN chap accounts on RAS server

Hey, I have a very strange one here and it's got me beat. I have a 3945 with a PRI and digital modems and everything works fine. Users can connect via ISDN or PSTN ok, but I've noticed a very funny quirk with the setup. If different folks dial in via pstn and uses the same chap username, they get connected and receive a unique IP address. However, when multiple users dial in via ISDN, using the same login details, they don't receive a unique address, but the router bundles them all together as one multi link channel. They only seem to work properly if they use a unique chap username. If someone logs in with a username that is already logged in, they get bundled. I've tried turning off the PPP multilink and still they are allocated the same address if they try to connect using the same username. The result of this is that with two users with the same IP address are online, then they don't work. As I said before, if they use the same username via pstn, they get their own IP address. the config of the se0/0/0:15 is the same as the group async, so I'm at a loss. Is this normal behaviour for chap on routers if the same username connects via ISDN ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content