Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 link comes up only after shut / no shut of serial interface

Steffen.Rohr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with a E1 link connected to a 2811 with a NM-1CE1T1-PRI (running c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.123-11.T10.bin). If I plug in the cable to the router, Layer 2 will not come up. I have to shut/no shut the serial interface to get it work.

I do also get the following error message:

*Sep 19 15:44:08: ISDN Se1/0:15 **ERROR**: service_queue_from_physical_layer: controller state isn't up, and got ISDN_PH_ACT_IND

Does anyone know what this means? I couldn't find any information nor a bug for this behaviour.

Many thanks,

Steffen

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

This can be a bug with the card firmware, suggest you upgrade to 12.4(17) that is latest mainline and check again.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

ibrahima.tacko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steffen,

I'm sorry, because it's not to give you an anser but to also to ask a question about the problem i face in the same controller NM-1CE1T1-PRI runnning in cisco3725.

when i try to configure the channel-group, the routeur restar and generat this error:

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/cisconet.cfg (Timed out)

*Mar 1 00:03:31.027: %SYS-4-CONFIG_RESOLVE_FAILURE: System config parse from (t

ftp://255.255.255.255/cisconet.cfg) failed

%Error opening tftp://255.255.255.255/cisco_alc3-confg (Timed out)

*Mar 1 00:03:49.227: %SYS-4-CONFIG_RESOLVE_FAILURE: System config parse from (t

ftp://255.255.255.255/cisco_alc3-confg) failed

Also when i lunch this commande:

cisco_alc3(config)#card type e1 2

it gives this error:

et2_write_cmd: pa is not up Configuration failed

cisco_alc3(config)#

Does anyone know what this means? I couldn't find any information

Thanks for all,

Ibrahima

Hi, please configure "no service config", also upgrade code to latest, chances are all problems will go away. Failing that you may need help from cisco TAC for possible HW replacement.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi Bevilacqua

Is your response is for me? In this case how can i upgrade code to latest? what's the command?

Thank for all!!!

BR

Hi,

to upgrade code you need CCO customer level access to download, for this you need service contract aka smartnet avaialble at cisco resellers. Else ask your vendro to provide ip voice 12.4(11)XJ4 for you.

After you download the image, copy to a tftp or other server that you have, do copy into flash and reload.

Dear Bevilacqua

I would like to have more details about this.

What the ip voice 12.4(11)XJ4 means? and aloso service contract aka smartnet ?

Thanks for your help.

BR

Ibrahima

Hi,

That is a designation for an IOS software version.

The service contract is something that you buy from a cisco reseller, and gives you the right of downloading software, open technical cases with cisco, and have your hardware replaced in case of failures.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: