Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

Ethernet as a backup of lease line

Hi!

is there any possibility to configure ethernet interface as a backup of LL of a router connected to RF as a wan media.

I tried floating static route but it didnt work.....please help....

Anything related to keep alive bcoz a tunnel has been configured for the ethernet RF link.

9 REPLIES

Re: Ethernet as a backup of lease line

hi

Can you revert back exactly what you have done with floating static routes (will be good if u can post the config you have tried) also the kinda connectivity you are establishing from your location.

regds

Hi

I have point to point connectivty betwn two routers using wireless connectivity as a wan media, but terminating on etherenet with interface tunnel configured.

Back up is isdn which should trigger as the wireless(ethernet goes down) but router doesnt consider wireless is down as the tunnel interface is always up.

Please find the attached diagram.

I want router to trigger isdn as soon as the rf link goes down.

Hi Imran

I feel keepalive is not configured under the tunnel interface which is very much required to detect the physical link failures and bring the tunnel to down state.

do remember to key in keepalive on both the sides of the tunnel interface and check.

hope you have the static routes configured like this ..

ip route x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255 ethernet0

ip route y.y.y.0 255.255.255.0 tunnel 0

ip route y.y.y.0 255.255.255.0 bri 10

where x.x.x.x is the tunnel destination ip addrss which is required to be routed through the ethernet interface and y.y.y.0/24 the remote local lan network which you need to be reached via the tunnel interface built over the primary wireless link connected on ur ethernet port.

regds

Thanks Prem,

The ststic route is configured in the same way as you have mentioned.keepalive for tunnel is set to 3 but it seems its not working.Anywayz.. case has been handed over to senior engrs.

Hi Imran

To get your keepalives working under your tunnel interface you may have to go for an ios code upgradation,we had faced this kinda problem in recent past and resolved after the upgradation.

regds

Hi

I have point to point connectivty betwn two routers using wireless connectivity as a wan media, but terminating on etherenet with interface tunnel configured.

Back up is isdn which should trigger as the wireless(ethernet goes down) but router doesnt consider wireless is down as the tunnel interface is always up.

Hi

Have you tried a routing protocol like EIGRP with a floating static route pointing to the isdn??

Hi

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content