Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FR Bc & Be values

Hi NetPro ladies & gents,

I have a 1MB FR circuit, I'm new to FRTS and wondering if someone can show me how Be is calculated. The 1MB circuit is only used for data but not voice.

I think Bc is CIR / 8, but not sure how Be should be computed.

map-class frame-relay FRClassA

frame-relay cir 2048000

frame-relay bc 256000

frame-relay be 256000

frame-relay mincir 1024000

frame-relay priority-group 1

!

Would be greatly appreciated if anyone can shed some light on this.

Cheers

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: FR Bc & Be values

Hi Hunt

The following parameters are used by FR Traffic Policing/Shaping:

- Tc

A (computed or configured) time interval during which committed and excess traffic is measured and monitored. This time interval is defined in the following ways:

- The committed burst size (Bc) for a Frame Relay virtual circuit divided by the committed information rate (CIR).

- The excess burst size (Be) for a Frame Relay virtual circuit divided by the excess information rate (EIR).

- Bc

The committed burst size, in bits. This configured parameter specifies how many bits of committed traffic are permitted during any given Tc interval.

- Be

The excess burst size, in bits. This configured parameter specifies how many bits of excess traffic are permitted during any given Tc interval.

- CIR

The committed information rate, in bits per second. This configured parameter specifies the long-term average committed traffic rate to enforce.

- EIR

The excess information rate, in bits per second. This computed value shows the long-term average excess traffic rate being enforced.

This link is very useful in understanding FRTS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk237/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800942f8.shtml

Hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content