cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

functionality of dialer map on a called router

stmastropolo
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with eigrp protocol over and ISDN connection that I have solved; however, I'm not sure why my solution works. I have a remote router that can call into a hub site using two unique spids. I have a dialer map statement on the hub site that only referenced one of the spids: ie. dialer map ip 10.10.10.2 name Remote broadcast spid1. When the remote calls over spid1 I have no problem with the eigrp protocol neighbor adjacency; however if the remote calls on spid2, the isdn call comes up, ppp negotiates correctly and I can ping across the site; however, the eigrp adjacency doesn't work. I had to add a second dialer map on the hub with the same information as the first except I had to put spid2 on the end as opposed to spid1. Now it works correctly. Not sure why this is needed as I thought dialer map at hub end was only for chap authentication. The dialer interface on the hub site is a vrf interface; however I have the same issue when I take the vrf off of this interface as well. Any ideas ?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, that is strange because spid should not influence eigrp, beside dialer map on a called router is dynamic and should not be needed at all. Not sure what steps you would have to take as opposed as leaving things working thye way they are.

Thanks. Exactly what I thought as well. It could be a bug or it could be some internal caching that the router is doing. I didn't mention that on the called side the dialer is in a vrf; however, I think that I tried it w/o the vrf complication and it worked the same. Thanks for your opinion. I'm awaiting an answer to my problem from cisco-none yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: