Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

G.SHDSL HWIC in back-to-back operation mode

i want to know can i configure two cisco 2811 with G.SHDSL HWIC (with Cisco ISO 12.4T-15)installed in back-to-back operation that one of my Cisco 2811 setup as CO (central Office) and the other one in CPE mode when i only have copper lines (without DSLAM).the cisco website mentioned about this feature only on Cisco 878 and old G.SHDSL-v3-WIC .

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: G.SHDSL HWIC in back-to-back operation mode

Hi,

It works fine. Configure one side as co and the other as cpe.

controller SHDSL 0/1/0

termination co

dsl-group 0 pairs 0

shdsl annex B

shdsl rate 2304

interface ATM0/1/0

no ip address

load-interval 30

no atm ilmi-keepalive

!

interface ATM0/1/0.10 point-to-point

ip address 10.10.0.1 255.255.255.0

pvc 0/10

protocol ip 10.10.0.2 broadcast

The CPE side is the same except the controller configuration (and the IP-s of course). If you match the right pairs it will work.

Here are the pin assignments:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7175/prod_qas0900aecd80591ff1.html

Re: G.SHDSL HWIC in back-to-back operation mode

thanks to your reply.

but there are some issues :

1-the url that you mentioned , obviously describe that only HWIC-4SHDSL supports both CPE and central-office modes for diagnostic purposes and only in ROM monitor mode.

2-some people argue (in this forum) that the commands for CO/CPE is not avaiable to configure (i think because this HWIC only support CPE mode).

while i am going to buy the hardware from my budget for my customer and i think it is possible that this new HWIC don't not work in Back-to-Back operation i prefer to buy Cisco-878 that cisco website clearly defined it work in back-to-back mode (with no DSLAM).

something else : are you sure that you run new HWIC-4SHDSL on Cisco-ISR ? or you run the old G.SHDSL-v3 WIC ?

again thank.

Views
Helpful
Replies