Views
Helpful
Replies

G703 - RJ45 - 120 Ohm

nicholas_ong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have quite a bit of confusion with G703 as it is not really well documented and it is not really widely used in my region.

Basically, my telco will be providing data via that interface with a RJ45 - 120 Ohm. Which WIC cards is compatible (which is the cheaper alternative) and more importantly, where can I get a RJ45 - 120 Ohm cable? I'd presumed that a straight through cable is required.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The VWIC is OK, you generally do no need the G703 version. On the 1841 you can also use HWIC-1T1/E1. You can make the cable with using cat 3 or similar.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On which router you need to terminate this circuit ?

The cable can be done on site using a normal crimp tool.

Hi there, thanks for responding.

I'm thinking of Cisco1841 so what I can find currently is the VWIC-1MFT-G703. Are there other choices?

Also, do you mean that this cable is unlikely to be in the market and we need to get it done manually? Are there any specification as to the type of cable to get?

The VWIC is OK, you generally do no need the G703 version. On the 1841 you can also use HWIC-1T1/E1. You can make the cable with using cat 3 or similar.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Thanks for the tip on HWIC-1T1/E1.

Found some other information on the cable. It should be Shielded Foiled Twisted Pair (FTP) with the 120 ohm 8 position modular connector

http://www.bytepile.com/T1_T3_cable_RJ48.php

Hi, even if not shielded foiled, will work anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: