Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to mimic Windows PPP CHAP with Cisco 800 series

[gd - sorry for the accidental cross post to WAN, Routing and Switching]

Hello all, I'm attempting to config a Cisco 802 (IOS 12.0(5)T) to replace an existing Windows box running PPP over an ISDN TA.

The snag I've hit is that I'm getting CHAP authentication failures using the Cisco 802 router that don't occur calling the same service bureau with Windows PPP. Is there something special about the way the windows PPP client handles the username/password pair (e.g. does it add something to either prior to transmission)?

3 REPLIES

Re: How to mimic Windows PPP CHAP with Cisco 800 series

Hi

Did u try checking out the same PAP ??

i feel u are dialing out from a router and getting onto some server/router.

can u revert the type of box in which u are getting in ? and also the configuration u have in the 802 router ??

regds

I've attached the 802 config and the debug log for ppp auth and negotiate below. At this time I don't know what I'm connecting to at the other end, although it responds with a hostname ending in "5300" so this might be a clue.

Also the tech support for the remote side said that it was "CHAP" which does seem to be reflected in the debug log. I have checked the uid/passwd combo and they do seem to be right.

Hi

i see that you have configured map-class which is inturn binded with dialer..

are youg trying out some ppp callback scenario over here ..

but as per the debug it seems that its mainly due to the authentication issue..

regarding the hostname as 5300 its the uid being configured in the remote device..

would like to get some info also and type of configuration done in the remote device too...

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content