Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hyper Terminal unable to capture text in XP

What am I doing wrong? I am unable to capture text in Hyper Terminal and save it to notepad. First I highlight the text. then go to menu >transfer>capture text>filename.txt. When I go to open the file it would be blank. Is there any precise way to do this. Help please.

3 REPLIES

Re: Hyper Terminal unable to capture text in XP

if you want to transfer text appearing in hyperterminal to a text file, you need to follow these steps.

1. Menu-> Transfer -> Capture Text -> filename.txt

2. execute commands in hyperterminal whose output you want to transfer to text file.

3. Once done, goto Menu-> Transfer -> Capture Text -> Stop

4. Open text file and you should be able to see text.

hope it helps ... please rate if it does ...

Soura:

Thank you. So, the procedure is to go through menu>transfer>capture text>filename -BEFORE ANY COMMANDS IN HYPERTERMINAL. Then, after working working and issuing commands in hyperterminal - you stop the capture. Right? It seems to work. I am grateful.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Zubbie

You also posted this question in the Network Management forum where I have posted an answer which points out that there are two approaches to capturing text in hyperterm: one approach is to capture text for something that is about to happen and one approach for capturing text for something that has already happened. The first approach (capture something that is about to happen) is the one using transfer/capture text which is described already. The other approach (capture something that has already happened) is to select the text, use copy/paste in edit (on the tool bar).

Since your original post refers to selecting text I assume that you were looking for the edit copy/paste more than you were looking for the transfer/capture method. They both work depending on whether the event that you want is about to happen or has already happened.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies