Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Install router with async interfaces (integrated modems)

Hello,

This is the second time I start this conversation, only this time with a little bit more information.

Hello,

We want to migrate 30 computers with modems in it. Currently they dial into a NT server but we want to migrate them to a Cisco 1841 with integrated modems.

I have experience with ISDN router-router connections, but not with computer async-router connections.

Do I need to define in the Cisco 1841 all type of modems that these computers are using using to dial-in. Isn't possible to create a simple config that's useful for all the 30 computer modems to dial-in? For note, the Cisco 1841 has integrated modems, so we do not need an external modem to communicatie with remote computers.

As attached a diagram, config and sh version.

I hope someone can help.

Regards,

Peter

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Install router with async interfaces (integrated modems)

Use the interface group-async command to create and configure a group asynchronous interface. The following example shows a group asynchronous configuration for a Cisco AS5300 access server loaded with one 4-port ISDN PRI card and 96 MICA modems:

Router(config)# interface group-async 1

Router(config-if)# ip unnumbered loopback 0

Router(config-if)# encapsulation ppp

Router(config-if)# async mode interactive

Router(config-if)# peer default ip address pool dialin_pool

Router(config-if)# no cdp enable

Router(config-if)# ppp authentication chap pap dialin

Router(config-if)# group-range 1 96

Views
Helpful
Replies