Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN Backup on 1841 (Configuration?)

Greetings,

I have an 1841 router which is configured to use both Fa0/0 and Fa0/1 for redundant connectivity to our ISP.

I have installed a WIC-1B-U-V2 card in one of the available slots. This card will be connected to a 'last-resort' ISDN service provider.

What configuration do I need to provide this failover capability? Since the ISDN connection is expensive, I would like to make sure it only connects when absolutely necessary. I appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: ISDN Backup on 1841 (Configuration?)

Hi Charlie

You need to enable Object Tracking feature on your router to track the ethernet interface to trigger the isdn back up..

you can refer the below link for the same.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008042fbeb.html

regds

Thanks for the reply,

Ive got object tracking currently configured to handle failover between the 2 ethernet interfaces. I am pleasantly surprised if I can use the same feature to provide the failover to ISDN connectivity should both Ethernet interfaces go down.

But, I am looking for some beginner guidance in setting up the ISDN interface to dial and connect, then Ill have to deal with how this can be controlled via object tracking.

Thanks

Any suggestions on this? I need to get this interface going, but I have not done a dial-out over ISDN with cisco.

Any pointers?

Hi,

Use reliable static routes ( object tracking) to track the two ethernet and a static route with higher AD to the BRI interface so that if the object tracking finds both the ethernet down it will fall back to the next available route which is towards the ISDN.

Thanks and Regards,

Sri

Cable&Wireless

srinath.7@gmail.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content