Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI connection won't stay up

beheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the S/T port on 3 routers to connect thru ISDN BRI. Thus far I've only been able to get this to work on a 1601.

My attempts on an 878 and a soho96 are less succesfull.

Both are able to establish a connection, but it won't stick.

Attached is the output of the debug isdn q921. The top shows the succesfull connection on the 1601, the bottom shows the other result. The only discrepancy I can find is the lack of a IS.DN BR0: TX -> INFOc message after the tei exchange is succesfull.

I am in the dark however on whether this is a symptom or the cause of the problem. Searches on the cisco domain don't turn up much on this part of the layer 2 troubleshooting.

Any thoughts are welcome on this subject.

Regards

Wouter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

there is an earlier thread (see the link below), where the problem was related to the fact that the 878 needs the Advanced Enterprise IOS (and not the Advanced IP Services IOS) for the ISDN interface to function, you might want to check if you are running into the same issue.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=WAN%2C%20Routing%20and%20Switching&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd96928/10#selected_message

Regards,

GNT

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Could you please provide the config. of 1601 and the remote end. Please also provide debug isdn q931. Thx.

Hello,

there is an earlier thread (see the link below), where the problem was related to the fact that the 878 needs the Advanced Enterprise IOS (and not the Advanced IP Services IOS) for the ISDN interface to function, you might want to check if you are running into the same issue.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=WAN%2C%20Routing%20and%20Switching&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd96928/10#selected_message

Regards,

GNT

Hi there,

Thanks for the attention :-)

The endpoint is an ancient ascend machine, whose interfaces I can manipulate thru use of the TAb key, Not much info I can give you on this machine.

Attached the config you requested. The isdn q931 is allready present in the other files, I've made some new debug, this time without the q921.

Regards

Wouter

Hello,

the attachment contains the output of your debugs, can you also post the output of:

sh run

sh ver

Regards,

GNT

Hmm,

After reading the post by Globaltech it all becomes quit clear why it doesn't work.

Still in the dark if this is also the problem for the soho96 though, I'll just assume that it is for the moment.

I guess we'll have to find another way to resolve this issue.

Thanks for all the feedback and the smart reading of earlier posts :-)

Regards

Wouter